What is E-CRM? E-CRM is a solution capable of managing sales, marketing and customer service in one platform. These internet-based tools have helped businesses reduce costs, increase sales, and build better relationships with customers.
Most people who enter the business world already understand what CRM is.
Customer relationship management or CRM is a term that refers to the implementation, strategy or technology used by companies to manage and analyze customer interactions and data throughout the customer life cycle.
Then what is e-CRM? Learn more here!
What is E-CRM?
Electronic customer relationship management (E-CRM) is the application of internet-based technologies such as e-mail, websites, messaging applications, and other media to achieve the goals of a CRM system.
The purpose of implementing CRM is to develop business relationships with customers, retain customers and increase sales.
The use of electronic customer relationship management is based on easy access to the internet through various platforms such as laptops, mobile devices and computers.
The term E-CRM itself is not software-CRM, but rather the use of the internet to perform customer relationship management.
However, the process is a combination of software, hardware and management commitment in support of the CRM business strategy within the company at large.
What is the Difference between CRM and E-CRM?
The main difference between CRM and E-CRM lies in the communication channels. CRM interacts with customers by telephone, distribution channel, or fax. Meanwhile, E-CRM contacts customers via the Internet, e-mail, and the latest technologies.
Here are other differences between CRM and E-CRM are
- CRM: Contact with customers is done through retail stores, telephone and fax.
- E-CRM: All the traditional methods used plus Internet, email, wireless and PDA technologies.
- CRM: Implementing the use of an ERP system with an emphasis on the back-end.
- E-CRM: More geared toward the front end, which interacts with the back-end through the use of ERP systems, data warehouses and data marts.
System overhead (client computers)
- CRM: Client must download various applications to view web-enabled applications. They have to be rewritten for a different platform.
- E-CRM: Does not have this requirement because the client is using a browser.
Customization and personalization of information
- CRM: Views differ by audience, and personalized views are not available. Individual personalization requires program changes.
- E-CRM: Personalized individual view based on purchase history and preferences. Individuals have the ability to customize the look.
- CRM: Systems (built for internal use) designed around job functions and products. Web application designed for a single department or business unit.
- E-CRM: Systems (built for external use) are designed based on customer requirements. Web application designed for enterprise-wide use.
System maintenance and modification
- CRM: More time involved in implementation and more expensive maintenance because the system is in different locations and on different servers.
- E-CRM: Time and cost reduction. Implementation and maintenance can take place in one location and on one server.
Why Use E-CRM?
One of the reasons companies use E-CRM is increasing customer loyalty and being able to retain customers by increasing customer satisfaction. This is aligned with the purpose of the CRM system itself.
An effective CRM or E-CRM system can track customer history in real time through various media. It is used to analyze customer databases and optimize customer relationships.
E-CRM helps businesses understand customers better, and sales performance results using real time information.
Advantages of E-CRM
- All methods in traditional CRM are done by internet, email and mobile, without having to go through the office or fax
- Can be integrated with the company’s internal CRM software or other applications such as the Whatsapp Business API, Facebook, or email
- Clients do not have to download multiple applications or platforms to be able to access all CRM functionality
- As a tracking application by tracking the whereabouts of the sales team with the live check-in GPS feature, even offline
- As a key performance indicator or KPI for employee and sales software
- Implementation and maintenance can be done in one location and on one server so as to reduce time and costs. In contrast to traditional CRM where electronic CRM systems are located in various locations and servers, so installation and maintenance will be more expensive and time consuming.
- The electronic CRM system is designed based on customer needs and can be used for all units in the business. Traditional CRM software designs are usually limited to the use of a single department or business unit.
- Do sales monitoring and monitor customers anytime and anywhere with mobile CRM software
The benefits of E-CRM
1. Improved customer service
The use of an integrated database helps provide a consistent and better response to customers
2. Income growth
E-CRM helps reduce costs by focusing on retaining customers and increasing sales
Consistent sales and service procedures create a more efficient work process
4. Customer satisfaction
Makes it easier to track customers and ensure their needs are met and their problems are properly addressed. This can improve the customer experience for the business as a whole
5. Helping businesses to Work From Home
As an internet-based application, E-CRM helps businesses to work remotely or work from home.
Features E-CRM system
E-CRM has the following features:
- Customer management: Provide access to all customer information, which includes request status and other similar information
- Account management: Provides access to customer data and history, supporting sales teams to function effectively
- Reporting and analysis: Generate reports on customer behavior and business criteria
- Administrative management: Centralized database that manages and shares customer information
- Case management: Tell questions, priority cases, and outstanding issues to the management department
- Back-end integration: Integrate with other systems such as billing, inventory and logistics via website and call center
Steps to build E-CRM
There are several factors that play a role in ensuring the success of E-CRM implementation. One of the most effective ways to measure success is how the ability of a CRM/E-CRM system can add value to an existing business.
There are 4 steps to implementing eCRM for business success:
- Develop a customer-centric strategy
- Redesign an existing workflow management system
- Revamping the entire work process
- Using the right technology
How to implement E-CRM effectively?
Here are some factors that we must consider to implement E-CRM effectively:
- Define the importance of your customer relationship and create a customer-focused mindset instead of technology. The technology is only used to optimize customer service and make customers want to maintain a long term commitment to your company.
- Have a detailed plan and good software to facilitate the task. Because having a plan for all customer segments and suitable technology solutions will help your business win goals.
- Ask good questions to help customers solve problems. Good questions can help you find customer problems. In addition, you can study the market, your positioning and your products and services to have the best guide for your customers.
- Adopt a good project manager. Because the project manager has an important role. They are the captains of the game. They verify whether each strategy step was taken on time and goals were achieved.
- Establish general usage guidelines and training if required. Because the E-CRM System is just the information we put into it. So it is important to know at least how to enter company or customer data. The general usage guide will ease the task for everyone who doesn’t know how to use it.
- 10 Advantages of Companies Using CRM That You Should Know!
- What is CRM (Customer Relationship Management)? Get to Know!
- Reasons for The Importance of Using CRM Software for Business
- Top 10 Best Cloud-Based CRM Software for Your Business
- Top Rated CRM Software Platforms & Considerations for Choosing
- Top 20 Best CRM Software Platforms 2023 for your Business